Summer is hard, guys. I don’t read as much as I think I will and a lot of my movie-watching ends up being half-hardheartedly watching TV while doing other activities.
Best Book of the Month: American Savage by Dan Savage
Books Read: 11
Graphic Novel: 0
# of Pages Read: 3421
Thoughts on June’s Reading:
- I read an interesting mix of fiction and non-fiction this month, including a couple of things outside of my norms: some romance, some paranormal, and some literary fiction. Overall I’m happy with the mix. I just wish I had read more.
- Is anyone else watching UnREAL? It’s so great and smart and it’s required viewing for me every week. I love it, even though I’ve never watched The Bachelor or any of the similar shows in the franchise.
- I’ve been watching the early seasons of Beverly Hills, 90210 (inspired by the new Again with This podcast), and it’s pure pleasure for me.
- I’m almost done with the first season of Finding Carter, which is basically terrible but I can’t look away from it.
- I also watched the third season of Orange is the New Black and can’t believe I have to wait a year to get more episodes.
I didn’t track movies for June, which is weird. But I also didn’t really watch any? I did go and see Jurassic World, and apart from that, I can’t remember much in the way of movies from June.
Goals for July:
- Watch 5-10 movies. Seriously.
- Read at least 10 books.
- Keep up with keeping track.