I was pretty productive, pop culture wise, in the year’s shortest month. Here’s what I got up to:
Best Book of the Month: Girl Before a Mirror by Liza Palmer
Books Read: 19
Graphic Novel: 0
# of Pages Read: 4223
Thoughts on February’s Reading:
- Much of this month’s success is due to reading a bunch of SVH. I fell off slightly this month in terms of outside reading, but it’s still pretty good considering the slide I fell into late last year.
- I’m still firmly entrenched in the adult fiction world, which means less YA than usual, though I expect that to pick back up as more titles I’m excited about are released this year.
- J. and I finished Friends and have fallen into a TV slump as a result. We’ve both been watching our own stuff on our own and very little together.
- I watched the entire first season of You’re the Worst (kind of love it) and also re-watched the entire Sex & the City series (haters to the left).
- We’re still watching The Walking Dead every week, and I keep up with The Fosters, Switched at Birth, Hindsight, Broad City, and Empire on a weekly basis, too. Everything else languishes on the DVR.
Movies Watched: 14
Theater Trips: 1
- Just one theater trip this past month to see the mess that was Jupiter Ascending.
- Much of what I watched was in preparation for the disappointing Oscars, and most of those movies were pretty underwhelming, but I mostly liked The Theory of Everything and Boyhood was ok.
- I loved, loved Beyond the Lights.
Goals for March:
- I’m hoping for 2-5 non-fiction books read, as well as 10 fiction books knocked out.
- Another 10 movies down would be excellent, too.
- These goals are generally the same, month-to-month.