Here’s what I got up to in January: major inroads in reading diversely and a whole slew of movies, too.
Best Book of the Month: Through the Wood by Emily Carroll
Books Read: 22
Graphic Novel: 1
# of Pages Read: 6,038
Thoughts on January’s Reading:
- Whatever slump I was facing down at the end of last year seems to have dissipated since the start of this one. I read voraciously this month, choosing mostly stuff that I ended up loving! I read a lot of non-fiction, and all of it was of the feminist persuasion.
- I’ve been on an adult kick, too, which has limited how much YA I’m reading these days. That being said, the standout novel this month was a YA graphic novel.
- I’ve been chugging away at Friends since it debuted on Netflix at the beginning of January.
- I’ve also dipped my toes into The 100, which is totally dumb but a good time suck, and a few episodes of Blackish and Jane the Virgin.
Best Movie(s) of the Month: Selma
Movies Watched: 11
Theater Trips: 2
- I made several trips to the theater this past month, and saw Selma and Into the Woods
- Most of what I watched this month was pretty great. I really enjoyed Dear White People and Whiplash.
- Less great was This is Where I Leave You, which I have completely forgotten about since watching.
Goals for February:
- I’m hoping for 2-5 non-fiction books read, as well as 10 fiction books knocked out.
- Another 10 movies down would be excellent, too.