Here’s what I got up to in November: a major reading slump and more.
Best Book of the Month: Texts from Jane Eyre by Mallory Ortberg
Books Read: 8
Graphic Novel: 0
# of Pages Read: 2705
Thoughts on November’s Reading:
- I’m in a terrible reading slump. There’s no way through it but through it, but man, am I feeling it right now.
- I’ve been watching a lot of Law & Order: SVU and I can’t explain it. Whatever, haters to the left.
- J. and I are working our way through The Sopranos.
Movies Watched: 9
Theater Trips: 1
- The only movie I saw in the theater this month was Mockingjay, and it was also really great.
- Aside from that, no real standouts this month. I liked Far From Heaven (though the score was completely overpowering). About Time was straight-up AWFUL and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty wasn’t at all what I expected. Both of those movies feature super creepy dudes who do weird things around women, now that I think of it. Hm.
Goals for December:
- Still trying to hit 200 books by the end of December.
- I’d like to find another TV show I haven’t seen before to watch (suggestions welcome), and of course I hope to fit in some more movies.