Summer is nearly gone. We’re into September, which means it’s time for a look back at August.
Best Book of the Month: Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
Books Read: 14
Graphic Novel: 0
# of Pages Read: 2856, plus 4 audiobooks
Thoughts on August’s Reading:
- I’m in a bit of a reading slump. This is reflected in generally lower numbers.
- But I’m plugging away at the Harry Potter audiobooks, which are pure pleasure for my commute/walks with Zoey.
Much as I’d like to, I’m not obsessively tracking what TV show episodes I watch and when. So this will be mostly bullet points.
- I finished my Gilmore Girls rewatch and tore through most of Parenthood, too. I love Lauren Graham, I guess?
- J. and I have been watching The Walking Dead, which is scary and slow in alternating measures.
Best Movie(s) of the Month: Tabloid
Movies Watched: 11
Theater Trips: 0
- No theater trips in August. I haven’t felt the desire to see anything in the theater in a while.
- I loved the super weird documentary Tabloid this month. I also enjoyed Thanks for Sharing.
Goals for September:
- Continue reading and watching diverse things. Keep up with keeping track. Try to squeeze in a few more movies.