Summer is more than halfway over. Too weird. We’re into August, which means it’s time for a look back at July.
Best Book of the Month: The Fever by Megan Abbott
Books Read: 19
Graphic Novel: 3
# of Pages Read: 4204, plus 2 audiobooks
Thoughts on July’s Reading:
- Only one non-fiction title this month, and I actually think it was more fiction than not.
- I’m in a pretty serious reading slump right now, in that nothing I’m reading is catching me the way I want it to. It’s disappointing, but usually the only way out of it is through it, so I’ll keep plugging away.
Much as I’d like to, I’m not obsessively tracking what TV show episodes I watch and when. So this will be mostly bullet points.
- It’s pretty much all Gilmore Girls all the time right now. A few episodes of House have slipped in, since J. is doing a rewatch of that..
- Other weekly staples for me include my love-hate relationship with Switched at Birth and The Fosters.
Movies Watched: 12
Theater Trips: 0
- No theater trips in July. I’ll have to fix that this month.
- Happy Christmas was the winner by far this month, but I also enjoyed some of my re-watches, most notably Whip It!
Goals for July:
- Continue reading and watching diverse things. Keep up with keeping track. Try to squeeze in a few more movies. Find a book I love this month, which didn’t really happen this past one.