Another month gone. This was an interesting month in that movie-watching was at an all-time low and I supplemented my voracious reading of Sweet Valley High with a slew of non-fiction. So the result is a mixed bag. Let’s get to it!
Best Book of the Month: Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
Books Read: 30
Graphic Novel: 0
# of Pages Read: 6223
Thoughts on March’s Reading:
- As far as non-fiction goals go, I read four non-fiction/memoirs (Soul Survivor, The Honest Life, Live From Saturday Night: The Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live, andGod’s Harvard: A Christian College on a Mission to Save America).
- I didn’t read much in the way of YA fiction outside of SVH this month, but I did knock out Side Effects May Vary and And We Stay.
- My numbers are insanely high because I read so many Sweet Valley High novels this month for my other blog. These books are a breeze to get through (I can knock them out in about 30 minutes if I’m not distracted by other things), so they count–but just barely. I’m on a roll with them right now, so who knows how long that will last.
Much as I’d like to, I’m not obsessively tracking what TV show episodes I watch and when. So this will be mostly bullet points.
- I’ve completely slowed down on Breaking Bad. I’d say I’m watching something like one episode a week?
- For reasons completely unknown to me, I’m on a serious The Vampire Diaries kick. I’ve blown through three seasons this month, and I can’t seem to stop watching, even though everyone is dumb and parts of the show really squick me out. Expect a post on this at some point. Probably.
- J. and I tore through the first season of Orphan Black, which is great and you should watch immediately. The second season premieres in mid-April, and I can hardly wait.
- I’m also casually re-watching Daria, which HOLDS UP and is still really, really funny.
- I’m still watching The Good Wife, am looking forward to the return of The Mindy Project, and can’t wait for the return ofGame of Thrones.
Movies Watched: 4
Theater Trips: 1
Thoughts on Movies Watched in February:
- Not a stellar month for movies, probably because I’ve been hardcore bingeing on TV.
- Veronica Mars is the clear winner here. I haven’t written a post on it, and I’m not sure I will, because it sort of feels done to death, but I did love it while also recognizing its flaws.
Goals for March:
- Continue reading and watching diverse things. Keep up with keeping track.
Happy reading and watching, readers!