This past year, I read 160 books. I managed to meet–and exceed–my goal of reading 100 books in a year (with no rereads), which is awesome. Let’s see how all my goals turned out:
- I will read (at least) 100 books. (Done!)
- I will not reread any books (Done!)
- At least 10 books (roughly one book per month) must have been published before 1950. (1/10–FAIL)
- I will read at least 10 books by authors of color/featuring a character of color. (9/10–FAIL)
- At least 10 books will be nonfiction. (Done!)
With that in mind, my goals for 2012 are only slightly altered. Here they are, in all their glory.
- Again, I’ll try to reach 100 books–and I will avoid rereading any titles.
- 15 books written before 1980.
- 15 books featuring a POC and/or GLBTQ characters (or the author self-identifies as a POC)
Fairly simple. We’ll see how it goes. What are your goals for 2012?