This post is part of Persnickety Snark’s FIVE Challenge for 2010. For more information, see this post.
Today’s challenge asks for FIVE great author moments. Since I haven’t had a lot of opportunities to meet authors, here are five authors I’d love to meet:
5. Megan McCafferty: The author of the Jessica Darling series has a new novel coming out next year called Bumped. It’s YA, dystopian, and features identical twin sisters separated at birth. I am so there. Meeting her would be awesome, because the character of Jessica Darling pretty much was me as a teenager (minus the running, which I didn’t start until my twenties).
4. Sarah Dessen: Dessen is the author of a slew of great YA books featuring strong, flawed female protagonists. The girls in her books deal with real issues, and the emotional depth that Dessen explores in her books is incredible. She’s one of my writing role models, as silly as that sounds.
3. Sarah Ockler: It’s no secret that I have an enormous book-crush on Ockler’s debut, Twenty Boy Summer. Her newest book, Fixing Delilah, just came out, and I’m waiting for it to arrive from amazon.com. Meeting Ockler would be a highlight, for sure.
2. Jenny Han: Han is the author of the Summer trilogy. The final book in the series comes out next May, and I can’t wait to find out what happens to Belly, Jeremiah, and Conrad. Jenny Han seems like a pretty rad chick.
1. Patrick Ness: I just think it would be cool to meet the man who came up with the Chaos Walking trilogy, you know?